Thursday, December 18, 2014

New addition coming May!- First trimester recap!

It's true, coming May 2015 Stefan and I will be parents.  That is so crazy to think! I would of never thought that I would be where I am right now in my life at only the age of 20. I am just a little baby! Now preparing for a baby of my own. Today I hit my 18 week mark which seems crazy to me! We are so excited!

So I will start at the beginning, well not the very beginning, I think we can skip that part. ;) Back in September I started having really really bad cramps. Like so bad, I couldn't sleep or really move much and they came on really sudden.  The last thought I had was that I could possibly be pregnant.  But Stefan was starting to get a little worried and told me I needed to ask my mom what I should do.  When in doubt, always ask Bonnie! My mom was in California at the time, so I called her and told her about my pain and how sick it was making me.  Because of other health problems that I will write about another day, I was used to having abdominal pain the majority of the time, but this was different. My mom told me that something similar happened to her when she was pregnant and told me to take a pregnancy test.  It was Sunday morning and we were getting ready to go to church. Stefan and I were freaking out a little bit to think that I could possibly be pregnant. We ran to the store and went straight to church, without taking the test.  I couldn't focus at all the entire day at church! I was freaking out on the inside.  Right when we got home I took one of the tests.  Stefan came into the bathroom and the test was sitting on the counter, I was too scared to look at it and I hadn't waited the waiting time yet. Stef looked down and his face goes white. "Oh my gosh" and I was like "Stef, it has to have a plus sign to be positive" and his response was "THAT IS A FREAKING POSITIVE!" My heart dropped! Of course I am the most baby person in the world, I was overjoyed, but in that moment I was literally in shock. A few hours later I took another test, just to be sure.  Then immediately called my mom, because she already knew I was taking one.  The conversation started as "Mom, don't be mad." Haha now I think back on that I think it's so funny that is how I started it.  I mean, it's not like I was doing anything wrong! Up to this time I had joked that Stefan, my mom and my doctor had an 'anti Jessi having a baby right now' club. Because of my health it isn't necessarily an ideal time, but obviously Heavenly Father has a different plan in mind.  Back to that Sunday, I am WAY too impatient to even find out if I was for sure pregnant. I already told my mom, so of course being the impatient person I am, we called all our family.

The next day I went to the doctor, and they told me I definitely was pregnant! They got me in quickly to get an ultrasound because of the severe pain I was having, they didn't find anything wrong. They told me they didn't know what exactly was causing the pain and to just take things easy.  They did a few more ultrasounds over the next few weeks and a week or so later, I had taken things easy, gotten many priesthood blessings from my amazing husband and dad and my pain got much better, I could sleep through the night again.  I still have been having some pain, but I have had quite a few more ultrasounds and they still don't know what exactly is causing my pain, but it has gotten a lot better.

Now, I told you every detail of the first few weeks, here is a little first trimester recap.
Pregnancy Symptoms: overall I have felt pretty good.  I am used to being sick so not much has changed that much.  I DEFINITELY had been way more tired and more nauseous but luckily didn't throw up too much.  If I was throwing up, it was constantly all day, not just in the morning. Or I was fine all day! So that was weird. Pain was definitely the worst part, but has been getting better. Also, I am basically Satan. Poor Stefan, I swear I am not even making sense, I am so grumpy and all of a sudden will start sobbing. Stefan told me the other day I should probably not try to make friends while I am pregnant because I don't really like people. So, I apologize if I haven't been nice to you. I really am trying.
I am loving essential oils right now. They are the only thing that help me! For nausea, I have been using my new favorite oil Cardamom, it has been helping a ton! Also, I have been taking the peppermint beadlets when I start to feel nauseous and it help so much. For my hormonal mood swings I am relying on Serenity, geranium and lavender, I just put them on my forearms and neck so I am smell them. Also, I have had non-stop stuffy noses and so I have been putting Breathe on the ridge of my nose and chest. All have been life savers!! All my oils can be found here.  Especially cause you can't take a ton of things while you are pregnant! I swear by them, even if it is just in my head:)
Cravings: the first few weeks, and even before I knew I was pregnant, all I wanted was guacamole! Three meals a day.  I have also wanted sausage mcmuffins from McDonalds basically every morning, and I wish they served them all day! I will have random cravings and we try to always go and get them. Also, I go through about one and a half gallons of milk a week, just by myself. I can't have lactose so I drink lactose free milk, so it is kind of an expensive craving:/ My baby has been taking all my nutrients away so I have been trying to eat as much as possible, which is hard when you don't feel good! So we are focusing now on trying to eat more protein especially, but foods to keep both me and the baby nice and healthy! I always get hungry at like 9:30 every night which is super weird! But that is the only time of day I ever really am hungry, I am usually having to force feed myself.
Stefan: I am convinced I have married the best man around.  He already has to take care of me so much, but he has really been my rock through this whole thing! He is constantly running errands to get the food I want, making me food at all the weird hours of they day, giving me probably 6 back massages a day, helping a ton with laundry and the house so I don't have to worry about it, really just being absolutely amazing. He has to deal with my crazy hormonal side, and he still has never said a negative or rude word to me about anything. I definitely lucked out with this one!! He was a little stressed when we first found out I am pregnant. But he is coming around to the idea and he is very excited. He will be the cutest dad.

Overall, things are going great! Second trimester everyone says gets easier, but it has just brought a whole new twist to things! I am trying to stay positive and not be a complainer, but it is hard when you are hormonal. But I definitely am getting less tired and not so nauseous! I have just had killer migraines which is no bueno. My mom has also been a lifesaver! She is always helping me out with things and bringing me things when I am not doing good. Also my cute sister Amy for all my constant pregnancy questions haha. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life! Pregnancy really is great.  I really am loving it so I hope this post doesn't sound like I am complaining.  I am so excited for this next chapter in our lives and I look forward to every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment